How to recover lost/missing system tray icon?
Posted by Viral Sarvaiya on June 10, 2011
Please follow the steps for recover Lost/missing system tray icon.
1. Back up the Registry by creating a restore point.
2. Go to Start > Run (or Windows-key + R), type in regedit and hit OK.
3. Navigate to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cla sses\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Wi ndows\CurrentVersion \TrayNotify.
4. Delete the values IconStreams and PastIconsStream.
5. Open up the Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc), go to the Processes tab, select explorer.exe and click End Process.
6. Open the Applications tab and click New Task at the bottom-right of the window.
7. In the message box that pops up type in explorer.exe and hit OK.
8. Explorer.exe will reload, and the missing icons should now be back in the system-tray where they belong.
9. Then if the volume bar isnt there, go to taskbar properties (where the volume was gray) and simply tick the box.
This entry was posted on June 10, 2011 at 8:40 PM and is filed under General. Tagged: How to recover lost/missing system tray icon?, Recover missing System tray Icon, Recover system try icons, system tray. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.