Run two Skype accounts on the same computer
Posted by Viral Sarvaiya on January 18, 2012
To use more than one Skype account on the same computer at the same time you need to start a new instance of Skype.
- Click Start > Run (or press the Windows and R keys on your keyboard at the same time)
- In the Run window, enter the following command (include the quotes) and press OK:
“C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe” /secondary
If this solution fails, you can try another option:
- Find the Skype executable file (Skype.exe) in: C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\
- Right click on it and select Send to > Desktop (create shortcut)
- Locate the shortcut on the desktop, then right-click on it and select Properties
- In the Target field, add: /secondary. The Target field should now be “C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe” /secondary
- Click OK. You can now start a new instance of Skype every time you double-click the new shortcut.